Stress placed on the body can agitate the spinal cord and disturb the signals between the brain and body. This disturbance can cause disease and painful conditions throughout the body. At First Choice Health & Injury Clinic, we specialize in providing chiropractic adjustments to aid in reducing harmful conditions that can happen in the back, neck, shoulders and legs.
These adjustments use a fast yet delicate push on the designated spinal joint to re-align and position the spine. The chiropractor’s hands or a tiny chiropractic instrument are utilized to achieve this feature. This movement places the spinal column back into its proper alignment allowing the body to naturally heal itself.
Types of Adjustments offered by First Choice Health & Injury
- Full Spine – Corrects misalignments / subluxations along the spine by repositioning points of interference. Reduces pain and pressure from surrounding nerves in the back.
- Extremity manipulation – Works to increase the range of motion and functionality of joints in the hands, arms, legs and hips. Manipulation is effective in treating symptoms of bursitis, carpal tunnel, arthritis, and tendonitis.
- Active release – Active Release Technique Muscular (ART) is a hands-on approach to determine mobility and tightness of soft tissue. The treatment breaks up adhesions with stretches and directs lymphatic flow to increase muscle range and mobility.
- Sacro-occipital (SOT)– Way of identifying nervous system imbalances in the spine with focused pressure at the base of the skull. The nervous systems response from this technique shows the source of the pain and the imbalances along the spine.
- Thompson (Drop) – Enhances the motion to the area being adjusted by using a segmental table. That table segment is then dropped utilizing the body’s natural movement to correct spinal imbalance.
- Upper cervical – Adjustments around the neck. Adjustments address the subluxation (pinched nerve) in the upper cervical area.
- Flexion/Distraction– Gradual, gentle pulls are used to release pressure on the spine and allow the discs to re-shape. This allows pressure relief on strained nerves and eliminates pain symptoms.
- Activator– A small chiropractic device that delivers a spring loaded measured impulse to the spine. The Activator technique can be used for patients of all ages, but is especially helpful for restless children. Patients of older age with weaker bone conditions find this gentle technique very effective as well.
How Chiropractic Adjustments Can Help
Lower back pain, neck pain and headaches are some of the most common problems in which patients suffer from when seeking out a chiropractic adjustment. Chiropractic care treatments encourage:
- The body’s natural ability to heal
- Nerves, bones, joints and muscles to function in a healthy manner
- Balancing of your body’s structure and function
First Choice Health & Injury Clinic has been achieving high-quality chiropractic services for many years. Whether you’re suffering from a migraine or shoulder pain, our trained staff is prepared to help reduce your pain and discomfort. Make an appointment with one of our specialists today.