Hip Pain Relief
The hip is the body’s largest ball and socket joint. Your pain may be directly related to the joint itself or it could be caused by other surrounding areas. Some common conditions that occur around the hip joint include muscle, ligament, or tendon problems. It is important that we accurately diagnose your problem so that we can determine the best solution for you. Along with pain some other symptoms that may occur include swelling, warmth, and redness. You may even experience knee pain which is directly related to problems in the hip.
Common Causes of Hip Pain:
- Overuse of the muscles and tendons can be a common cause of the pain.
- Swelling of the bursae, small fluid filled sacs that reduce friction in the hip, caused by overuse of the joint.
- Tendinitis- Tendon inflammation or irritation reducing mobility in the joint.
- A traumatic fall of other injury that could break or fracture the hip.
- Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis can be another cause of your hip pain. This can lead to swelling of the hip joint and a decrease of the cartilage that protects the bones.
- Sciatica- Inflammation around the sciatic nerve pinching or irritating the nerve and causing pain or a numbing sensation.
- Physical therapy- starting with an evaluation of your pain and creating a specialized plan to fix your problem.
- Chiropractic Treatments
- Pain therapies and stretching.
If you are experiencing hip pain we encourage you to contact our clinic today and get the pain relief you need. (225) 308-4064.